Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim form.

Choose one of the following options

This form is for customers claiming for Exeter addresses only i.e. for properties who are registered for Council Tax at Exeter City Council. Please contact your local Council to claim for an address outside of Exeter.

Universal Credit has been introduced in Exeter and has replaced Housing Benefit and a range of other welfare benefits for most working age people. If you are working age and do not fall into any of the categories below you will need to claim Universal Credit for help with any housing costs. 

You should only apply for Housing Benefit if you:

  • live in certain types of supported accommodation often referred to as specified accommodation; or
  • are entitled to a benefit with a severe disability premium, or have been in the last month and continue to be eligible; or
  • have reached pension age, you can check whether this applies to you by clicking on the link to the state pension age calculator; or
  • are part of a couple, one of you has reached state pension age and you were claiming Housing Benefit or state pension credit (as a couple) before 15 May 2019.
  • are homeless and the council has placed you in temporary accommodation.

If you do not fall into any of the categories above you will need to claim Universal Credit for help with your rent.   If you need help to pay your Council Tax you will still need to claim Council Tax Support using this form.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new form - click on the Start button to get going

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on
Loading section. Please wait a few moments...Please wait while we search for your details